More ABOUT SANNI
Even as a child, Sanni was eagerly looking for challenges and adventures. Water was her element. She loved being on the ocean and dreamed of one day becoming an offshore sailor.
She started out on small dinghies. As a teenager, she was determined to maximize her athletic abilities and represent Germany at the Olympics. And she did everything she could to achieve her goal. She trained hard. Tirelessly, every day. She enhanced every little detail, worked on herself, on the boat’s performance and on impeccably executed teamwork. 13 years later, she qualified for the Olympics - and won the silver medal in the 49erFX.
Yet, she has never lost sight of offshore sailing. With courage and determination, she is now embarking on her second sailing career: as an international offshore sailor. She wants to become the first German woman to win the "Solitaire du Figaro" - the most competitive sailing race in the world. And then? She sets sail for her next dream: the „Vendée Globe“, a race around the world.
- Participation at The Ocean Race as crew member of Team Holcim-PRB
- Participation at single handed regatta Maître CoQ
- Participation at single handed regatta Le Havre Allmer Cup
- Participation at single handed regatta Guy Cotten
- Participation at single handed regatta La Solitaire du Figaro
- Participation at double handed regattas
- Delivery of IMOCA Malizia from Monaco to Lorient
- Transatlantic crossing
- Delivery of Turning the Tide from Lisbon to Alicante
470 / 49erFX
From 2009- 2021
- Silver Medal at the Olympic Games in Tokyo 2020
- 2 x European Champion
- Several top 5 finishes at World Championships
- Several top 10 finishes at World Cups
"i want to be the first female offshore sailor to win the vendée globe."
mastering the figaro
Expertise is key. The Figaro 3 boat class is ideal for perfecting Sanni's offshore single-handed sailing skills because you compete with world-class sailors and learn from the best.
solitaire du figaro
The most important race of this boat class. The two-time winner of the Vendée Globe, Michel Desjoyeaux, calls it the most difficult race of all. As the racing yachts are all identical in construction, it's all about skills and not about technical advantage. The slightest nuances can determine victory or defeat
the ocean race
Sanni is looking for long-term partners to sail around the world with her in the 2026 Ocean Race.
The toughest regatta for both people and equipment - sailing once around the world.
Sanni is currently training to compete in the Vendée Globe 2028.